Denise's bookshelf: read

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
Ghost Story
Lady of Hay
Cyprus Travels
The Island of Love
Secrets
Kingdom of Shadows
House of Echoes
Whispers in the Sand
Midnight is a Lonely Place
Child of the Phoenix
On the Edge of Darkness
Daughters of Fire
Distant Voices
As They Rise
Romantic Short Stories
Time to Run
What Every Woman Needs to Know: Tips for Women
The Book of Strange New Things
Skinny is Best


Denise Larkin's favorite books »
Follow Subscribe to my channel!

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Author Takeover

All of my books are here in one swoop!

Get acquainted with them below...


My new book - Read first three chapters on Wattpad



Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1) was released on 8th November 2017 on Kindle and then as a paperback…




There's horror, romance and death! Read it on Kindle Unlimited! Book 2 of Time to Run series will be coming soon! Now you can read three chapters for free on Wattpad here.

Kindle Book on sale now:

Paperback on sale now:


The Story
Lydia, a TV Journalist in London, sees something strange and decides to film it. Whilst in the middle of a disaster, she meets Tim, a bus driver who loves his alcohol, and pairs up with him, and later, with a few others to fight the unknown. Together, they try to make their way to the countryside to get away from the disaster that is happening all around them. Lydia and Tim find solace in each other and try to lead a normal life during a crisis, but can they make it to the countryside in one piece? Who will die first? Lots of dramatic moments!


Follow me on Facebook for the latest updates on Book 2 which is coming out soon! https://www.facebook.com/deelarkinwriter/notifications/


A bit about me!

I write horror/thrillers with romance. I write on my own blogs and own two Facebook groups:


I live in the UK with my husband. I have two grown sons; one married and the other still single. I love wine, chocolate and watching tv shows ie... Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Homeland, The Good Fight, Marcella and more.







Want to play a game?


How else can a person die during a zombie apocalypse other than getting bitten by a biter? Comments below appreciated!


Her screams echoed loudly inside the lift.’


Read a review for Time to Run: The Biters


A woman witnesses a horrific attack and ends up fleeing the city as the world descends into chaos.


It is pretty clear from the first few pages what the ‘biters’ are. The scenes of death and destruction are well handled. The initial sense of bewilderment, turning into an instinct to ‘fight and survive’ was convincingly conveyed. The loose banding together of survivors was believable. The pace was good with the story never losing momentum.


If you are a fan of the ‘Walking Dead’ then this book is worth a look.  


Written by Wilde Sky on Amazon UK and Goodreads


Play a Game
In Time to Run: The Biters, there is a Doctor who had clinic before the disaster occurred … In my second book in the Time to Run series coming soon… there will be a character who claims to be a Psychic who gave readings in the past. What other types of characters could make a difference in the midst of a zombie apocalypse? Answer in the comments below...


Can there be romance during a zombie apocalypse?
Tim and Lydia get together and fall for each other…  Here is a sample:


I started to want him more than I had ever wanted any man before, so I kissed him hungrily. I felt his lips touch mine as he accepted what was happening with us. We madly grabbed one another. We touched and stroked each other desperately trying to drown ourselves in bliss. We locked into one another's hunger for a while until he stopped me.


Would this be a bad idea? Which celebrity would you like to see Tim and Lydia play if it were a TV series? I picked Jensen Ackles and Nina Dobrev!





If you love your wine like Tim Sparks in Time to Run: The Biters, where would you be looking for it during a zombie apocalypse? How would you get it?





Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1) The Paperback version here:




In Time to Run there is romance… I have always loved a romance in a thriller or a horror book…. So here is my thriller/romance novel titled The Island of Love set in Cyprus… it’s a Thriller Romance… Get it on Amazon Kindle here:


The Island of Love - What is it about?


A mystery-thriller romance set in Cyprus. An emotionally heartfelt love story between an English woman and a Greek Cypriot guy.


Phillipa runs away to Paphos to get away from her ex-boyfriend, Jake, who has recently dumped her for another woman. Once there, Phillipa meets a handsome Greek Cypriot named Dimitri who will not leave her alone. She thought she was getting away from the strains of a broken relationship only to be thwarted into another complicated and heated love affair. To make matters more confusing for her, she finds out he is already dating Helena. Things go wrong when a murder is committed and Phillipa finds herself in danger, but Dimitri becomes more desperate and wants Phillipa all to himself. Will she continue to stay in Cyprus? Or will she run away again? How much danger is she in?





Who would you like to see play Demetri and Phillipa in the book The Island of Love if it were a movie… I picked the following Kit Harington (Game of Thrones) and Chloe Moretz. Who would you pick?





Cyprus is a beautiful country for a romance. The weather is sunny and hot… here is Cyprus Travels… it’s my book about the country that I used to live in.
Buy it on Kindle Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008U8W0DY




More of my books
I have a weight loss book. I wrote it when I was trying to lose weight. It’s titled Skinny is Best - Amazon Kindle here:





Lose weight in a hurry by owning a copy of the Paperback Skinny is Best by Denise Larkin


Hope you enjoyed reading a bit about me and my books!






No comments:

Post a Comment