Denise's bookshelf: read

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
Ghost Story
Lady of Hay
Cyprus Travels
The Island of Love
Secrets
Kingdom of Shadows
House of Echoes
Whispers in the Sand
Midnight is a Lonely Place
Child of the Phoenix
On the Edge of Darkness
Daughters of Fire
Distant Voices
As They Rise
Romantic Short Stories
Time to Run
What Every Woman Needs to Know: Tips for Women
The Book of Strange New Things
Skinny is Best


Denise Larkin's favorite books »
Follow Subscribe to my channel!

Thursday 11 April 2019

Do You Read Kindle or Paperback or Do You Prefer Audible?

Do you prefer a Kindle, Paperback book or Audible? 

These days Kindle books are popular but what about Audible? Do you prefer to listen to a book rather than read it?



Read on...

Listening to books can bring a different experience. Reading a book via a paperback or a Kindle is a normal way to enjoy them. Most people prefer to read either in Kindle or paperback version because it can work out cheaper where cost is concerned. I always read Kindle books these days but I have occasionally in the past preferred listening to an audiobook or simply just buying a paperback.

All of my published works are out in Kindle version and some are paperbacks but I have recently discovered that an audiobook might be desirable for fiction especially if the story is read with an interesting voice.


In the past, I have listened to quite a few audiobooks. I got hooked on listening to one particular author named Barbara Erskine. Her audiobooks were spooky at times and it gave me an experience I can’t really explain. I felt in awe of all of her stories. They made me feel relaxed and excited to listen to one of her audiobooks. To put it bluntly, I was hooked. I wanted to listen all the time!

Sometimes, listening to audiobooks, if they are read by the right person and the story is interesting, can be fulfilling and enticing. Listening to a voice tell a story can be a unique experience. It can be relaxing. I felt at times that it sedated my mind whilst listening and when that happens it means you are hooked and you can’t put it down. Barbara Erskine’s novels made me feel this way when I listened to one of her audiobooks!

I have had successful sales with the Kindle version. It seems most readers prefer Kindle to paperback these days but audiobooks may be desirable to people who do not like reading or perhaps, can’t read. Audiobooks benefit many people these days and they shouldn’t be dismissed. Why not listen to one. If it’s a great story and the voice entices you to listen further, then you will be hooked. Try it for yourself.

My last published work was Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1) which is now out in Kindle and Paperback versions.


Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1) Paperback version
The Kindle Version


Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1) Kindle Version
I have had successful sales with the Kindle version. It seems most readers prefer Kindle to Paperback these days. 

So, what do you prefer? Do you prefer listening to a book rather than reading it?

Let me know below in the comments if you prefer an audiobook or not because it will help me to decide if Time to Run: The Biters should become an audiobook or not.

Titles by Denise Larkin below

Skinny is Best - the weight loss book




Denise Larkin is the author of Time to Run: The Biters (book 1) out on Kindle and paperback. Book 2 The Gathering coming soon…







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment