Denise's bookshelf: read

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
Ghost Story
Lady of Hay
Cyprus Travels
The Island of Love
Secrets
Kingdom of Shadows
House of Echoes
Whispers in the Sand
Midnight is a Lonely Place
Child of the Phoenix
On the Edge of Darkness
Daughters of Fire
Distant Voices
As They Rise
Romantic Short Stories
Time to Run
What Every Woman Needs to Know: Tips for Women
The Book of Strange New Things
Skinny is Best


Denise Larkin's favorite books »
Follow Subscribe to my channel!

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Read a Sample of Time to Run: The Biters - Book 1

Do you want to know more about a new book titled Time to Run: The Biters? An apocalyptic horror story... A new series to follow based on a zombie apocalypse in London, England with some romance.

A page-turner...

Interested?

Read on...


Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1)


Here is a sample of the first book in the series of Time to Run.

Read a snippet of the first chapter here. It's the new zombie apocalypse story. If you enjoyed reading it, you can get the full version on kindle Amazon, which is now on sale worldwide.

It's an apocalyptic horror series.




Chapter 1 - Lydia Brown - The Banging

I was across the street, on a dark London road, getting into my car when I heard it.
The sound clattered loudly and resonated like a pot hitting a kettle. It was a banging
or a thumping. It was so loud that it, eventually, led me to seek it out.

I looked around me and then realised where it was coming from. It came from across
the road. I saw someone banging repeatedly on a garage door. A ringing noise echoed loudly. From what I could see, the person wouldn't stop. I was curious. I wanted to
go over there to see what was happening, so I closed my car door and crossed the
road to get a better look. It was six o'clock in the evening and darkness had already
set in. The cold windy air of November made me wrap my jacket, tight around my
body as I reached the other side.

The garage was behind a steel gate. I couldn't open it, because it was locked. I could
see that you needed an entrance key or some kind of pin number to open it. I peered
through the railings of the gate and could see that the person was continuously
still banging on the garage.

Who was he? The figure looked tall, but I couldn't see much of anything else in
the dark. I needed my glasses, so I got them out of my handbag and put them on.
I, also, took out my mobile and started videoing what was happening. From what
I could see, it looked like the shape of a male figure. He was tall at about six feet,
but he seemed crazy as he kept on banging.

I was about to shout out, but I stopped myself from doing so, because what I saw was
wildly disturbing. My body shook at the sight of it. I shivered as my cold hands trembled.
I could see that his hands had red marks on them with cuts all over them. I breathed in
deeply and swallowed as I saw that they were deeply covered in blood. In fact, they
were drenched in blood.

Shit. I stepped back in shock as I nearly lost my balance and made a slight
screeching sound from my mouth in a state of panic. At that point, the person turned
around. I definitely could see a man's outline. His face was bloody and marked with
scratches. He looked evil from where I was standing.

I stood still for ages, not able to move for fear he would notice me in the dark. At
that point, I fell to the ground, but the weird thing was, the man just turned back
around and continued to hit the garage door.

Why was he behaving this way? Was someone inside? Was the guy mentally ill
or something? It did seem that way. Of course, something was off about him. His
clothes looked like rags. The trousers had holes in them. They were ripped quite
badly as far as I could see.

I considered calling the police. This guy need to be stopped or arrested. I
stopped filming at that point.

Suddenly, I saw a policeman walking down the street on the other side of the road.
I decided to run over there to get his attention.
"Excuse me... can you help me?" I asked.
The policeman looked at me and stopped.
"Is there something wrong?" he spoke softly as he stopped to peer at me.
"Well, I think so, but I'm not entirely sure. There's a man behind that gate over
there banging on a garage door. He seems mad at something or insane, because
he's going nuts; banging furiously like he wants to get inside or something."
I explained.
"I see..." was all the policeman could say.
"And he looks weird. His hands look like they are covered in blood." I said.
"Show me where please..." he commanded.
"Of course... Follow me... It's over here... across the street." I said as I pointed
at the gate.

The policeman followed me. We got to the gate and we both could see the strange
man going nuts and hitting both of his hands repeatedly onto the garage door.
The policeman was about to shout, but then he stopped himself and pressed the
buzzer on the gate. He punched a few numbers into the keypad and the gate
mysteriously opened.

I watched as he walked over to the garage, so I started filming again with my mobile.
I always filmed things that looked odd these days. After all, it was my job to find some
sort of news for the television station that I worked for in London.

What I saw next was unbelievable. The policeman touched the guy's arm and tried to
arrest him, but instead, he lost his balance. He fell to the ground. The man with the
bloody hands leaned over him and sunk his teeth into his flesh.

"Oh no! Why is he biting him? What... oh... Shit... shit... shit." I said to myself
in a panic.

Suddenly, there was blood everywhere and I panicked. Blooded flesh fell from the
policeman's neck as the man sunk his teeth into him. Screeching screams came
from the policeman's mouth. I couldn't see much in the dark, but I could hear
growling and crunching sounds coming from this weird looking creature, who was kneeling over the policeman that now lay sprawled out on the ground. His legs shook
and then they stopped. Shit... he must be dead.

I held my mouth shut with my hand trying not to scream, as my legs gave way
with terror in my heart. I didn't want the crazy man to see I was there, so I just crouched down onto the ground hoping that this must be a dream or my wild
imagination. I felt a quiver in my body. I didn't know what to do next. I was numb
and terrified. All I could see was this creature like person leaning over a
body and eating it. He dug his teeth into his stomach and intestines seeped from it.
The sight and thought of what he was doing made me gag. The smell of rotten
remains wafted into the air as I stood there, stuck in shock.

At that precise moment, the garage door opened up and another guy appeared.
He just stood there for a minute and he looked as shocked I was. I captured him
on camera and then stopped it.

I came to my senses and got up. I ran back to my car, but the guy ran after me.
I didn't want to wait another minute, but the guy grabbed my arm. I feared that he
might be another madman.
"Wait... please..." he pleaded.

Continue reading by getting the book on kindle...
................................................................................

Did you enjoy it? Want the full version?
If you do, then get it here:
Time to Run: The Biters (Book 1)
More Books from Denise Larkin... watch the videos:


Other books:
Spooks and Thrills:Thrilling Short Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment